Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Plan

We all have our plans and these plans change over time.  They change as a function of our age and some plans are somewhat involuntary and spontaneous while some others are well thought out and sequenced.  Plans are independent and can be the culmination of thought and precise wargaming of scenarios with sets of assumptions to develop what we see as the optimum plan for any given situation.  Plans may be personal in nature such as marriage (which can also be spontaneous or well thought out) or organizational.  The fact remains that there is one plan for each of us - and yes while I can influence or interrupt that plan by my own doing - a certain plan is there that exists for me unique in nature to my self.  

Why am I thinking of this today?  Today and yesterday, I was faced with challenges and hurdles, frustrations and roadblocks, to the point where my mind was in total chaos.  I questioned myself, "what am I  doing, why am I here..." and no matter what perspective I looked at things, nothing seemed to be right.  I could not see what was wrong but of what I saw I knew was not right.  Last night, I went to bed not angry, but confused.

I heard it said in a sermon some time ago (and I wish I could credit this to who said it - was it from "God's Purpose for your Life?" that you will always fail if you go against God's plan for your life.  And then this came into my mind today.  Am I going against God's plan?  Is that why I am frustrated?  Or am I being tested in some other way and for something else?  I know I am to be patient and wait and that all will be revealed (On God's timetable not mine...) so here I am....

As the day passed today, even though it seemed there were those who were aligning against me, slowly a peace came over me and my decisions seemed very clear.  I read: Psalm 27, which closes with:

"...be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."

Obedience is not always easy for me.
~Bagram ~ 30 June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment